The History of Eastern Pennsylvania Supply Company
Eastern Pennsylvania Supply Company has an extensive history in the Wilkes-Barre area. William and John N. Conyngham established EPSCO in 1889, in partnership with Woodward Leavenworth, to supply the booming anthracite industry in the area. The company's original South Pennsylvania Avenue location, in the heart of Wilkes-Barre wholesale district, was inundated during the Agnes Flood of 1972, and was moved to its current Scott Street location shortly thereafter.
EPSCO has slowly grown into one of the largest wholesale distributor's in the Eastern Penn area. Part of their succuess can be attributed to mergers with other key distributors, like C.B. SCOTT. Civil War Army Private Charles B. Scott Established C.B. SCOTT in 1878. The company was acquired by the Conyngham family in 1974 and has operated under the C.B. SCOTT until last year. All company functions now fall under the EPSCO name.
"We feel that both the customer and the organization will benefit form the merger" states Donald G. Conyngham, V.P. Sales & Marketing. "The customer will benefit by getting the vast resources and the selection both companies have to offer while the company will have the added ability to better serve those customers."