Eastern Pennsylvania Supply Company has an extensive history in the Wilkes-Barre area. William and John N. Conyngham established EPSCO in 1889, in partnership with Woodward Leavenworth, to supply the booming anthracite industry in the area. The company’s original South Pennsylvania Avenue location, in the heart of the Wilkes-Barre wholesale district, was inundated during the Agnes Flood of 1972, and was moved to its current Scott Street location in 1973.
EPSCO has slowly grown into one of the largest wholesale distributors in the Eastern Penn area. Part of our success can be attributed to mergers with other key distributors, like C.B. SCOTT. Civil War Army Private, Charles B. Scott, established C.B. SCOTT in 1878. The company was acquired by the Conyngham family in 1974 and operated under the C.B. SCOTT name until 2000, when it merged under the EPSCO name.
In 2017, EPSCO joined Hajoca Corporation, whose roots were also established in Pennsylvania in the 1800s. Hajoca is the nation’s largest privately held wholesale distributor of plumbing, heating and industrial supplies. With extensive inventory at our own locations, along with Hajoca stocking locations throughout the US, we can source almost any item you need with speed and efficiency.
EPSCO is The Contractors’ Source